Compiling OpenSSL 1.0.0o
Jay Foster
2014-10-15 22:01:52 UTC
I downloaded the OpenSSL 1.0.0o source but I am running into a new
problem when trying to compile it. The 'make depend' step fails with:

s3_lib.c:2507:4: error: #error Code needs update for SSLv23_method()
support beyond TLS1_VERSION.
d1_lib.c:273:4: error: #error Code needs update for DTLS_method()
support beyond DTLS1_VERSION.
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1

I have tracked this down to makedepend (and probably gcc) are using the
header files (<openssl/tls1.h>) from the tool chain usr/include/openssl
directory, rather than the header files from the source directory (the
tool chain contains the header files from 1.0.0n). I confirmed that
makedepend is being passed CFLAG=" -I../crypto -I.. -I../include", but I
suspect that the tool chain header file search path is being searched first.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Jay
Jay Foster
2014-10-16 16:24:03 UTC
Post by Jay Foster
I downloaded the OpenSSL 1.0.0o source but I am running into a new
s3_lib.c:2507:4: error: #error Code needs update for SSLv23_method()
support beyond TLS1_VERSION.
d1_lib.c:273:4: error: #error Code needs update for DTLS_method()
support beyond DTLS1_VERSION.
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
I have tracked this down to makedepend (and probably gcc) are using
the header files (<openssl/tls1.h>) from the tool chain
usr/include/openssl directory, rather than the header files from the
source directory (the tool chain contains the header files from
1.0.0n). I confirmed that makedepend is being passed CFLAG="
-I../crypto -I.. -I../include", but I suspect that the tool chain
header file search path is being searched first.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Jay
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
I have resolved my problem. There was a --nostdinc option along with
some -I<path> options to the tool chain include paths, so these were
getting searched before the -I<paths> specified by the OpenSSL source.
These did not show up on the makedepend output (where it was failing),
but did on the gcc output when compiling. Ref
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Search-Path.html.

Jay